Potty training can be very frustrating and harder for some dogs than others but its all about the consistency. Some things that I have learned while potty training my dog:
- Keep your dog crated when you are not around or when you cannot supervise them. If you don't want to crate them, tie his/her leash to you while you are at home. This will prevent any accidents around the house.
- Never rub their nose in a potty accident. This is traumatizing and your dog will not know why you are doing it.
- When you catch you dog having an accident, interrupt with an "Ahl" and immediately take your dog outside.
- Watch your dog's eating and drinking patterns. your dog will need to go outside not too long after drinking or eating.
- Most importantly always praise and give your doggie some treats whenever they go potty outside.